Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Howdy Folks

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tnedor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello all. I?m new here. I got my original pair of 604E's in 1969. I still own them today. As a high school project I built a pair of A7 enclosures. My dad had a patient who was an engineer at Altec in Anaheim. That fellow told my dad I needed to get the 604?s instead of the VOTT components. I had that setup until 1997. Now I just have the bare drivers completely rebuilt at Orange County Speaker in 1998 but not used since then?I?m ready.

    I do much recording in my personal studio and want to step back up to the 604?s as my primary monitors. I need to build some new enclosures and would greatly appreciate any and all guidance as to an appropriate design. I have the dimensions for Model 606 and the UREI 811 but I am curious as to some of the wedge-oriented designs like the PAS PI-15 coaxial based systems http://www.pas-toc.com/pdf/pi15spec.pdf

    Last but not least I?m researching crossovers. I have the original N-1500-A networks but I am curious as to the benefit and appropriateness of the Mastering Labs type arrangement. I had these units biamped in 96,97 but was not cautious about helping hands at the volume control?hence the rebuild job. The 604?s sounded strong.

    Again any and all input will be greatly respected and appreciated.

    Fly low and avoid the radar

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Howdy Dogma,
    Welcome to the board. I think you will find the answers you get here are as good or better than anywhere else on the planet. I'm not much help with the technical support but I sure do like Altec and know that I like that "sound".

    Cal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.